September 16th, 2021 Board Minutes

From the Blog

September 16th, 2021 Board Minutes

Porsche Club of America

Golden Gate Region

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

September 16, 2021

Attendance:

President – Ed Hunter

Vice President – Scott Kalkin

Secretary – Howard Yao

Treasurer – Canyon Chan

Membership – Michael Sherman

Social – Kate Efremova

Autocross – Himanshu Patel

Motoring – not present

Track – Jim McClelland

Nugget Editor – not present

Webmaster – not present

Call to Order:

The meeting was called to order at 6:18 pm.

Call for agenda changes:

None.

Call for calendar changes:

None.

Call for budget changes:

None.

Past Events:

None.

Directors’ Reports

President:

Ed and Scott are now signatories to the GGR bank account. Ed and Howard will be added to the MotorsportReg administrator account.

Vice-President:

Scott will review the GGR Financial Policy to make sure it meets the

Club’s needs and is aligned with our Bylaws. Insurance for the upcoming Mammoth fun run and Sonoma Club Race are in place. In the future, Scott will notify Canyon when insurance payments are due.

Secretary:

Howard will resend the link to the Redbook, so all Board members can update the job descriptions of their respective roles. The Meeting Minutes from the 8/1 was unanimously approved.

Treasurer:

Club bank balance is healthy. Canyon will determine what is a healthy account balance at the beginning of each year, so we can plan for charitable contributions at the end of the year. The August July financial report summary, which was approved unanimously.

Membership Director:

As of the time of this meeting, PCA GGR has 3,582 members total. There were 82 new members and 104 renewals. A motion to approve all new members was carried unanimously.

Social Director:

Kate is planning an October 3rd Wine Tasting event in Napa. Kate is also planning a year end Cars and Coffee event at a local public school, where all net proceeds would benefit the school district.

There was discussion about venues for the GGR awards banquet. Kate will work with Himanshu to schedule the date and book a venue.

Autocross Director:

The September 5th autocross at Cow Palace was a successful event with 77 participants. October 3rd is the next scheduled event at Cow Palace. Also considering an additional event at Crows Landing on 11/21.

Himanshu will report next month on the new car classification system.

Motoring Director:

No report.

Track Director:

Next track event is at Thunderhill East on September 25-26. Registration has been strong with a waiting list for students. Instruction will follow the Potomac protocol as we have done in previous events.

Diablo Region is putting on a Monday, November 22nd track day at Laguna Seca. There was a motion to contribute $4,000 to the event to bring it from a 92dB event to a 103dB event. Diablo Region will reimburse GGR of this cost after the event. The motion was passed unanimously.

Nugget Editor:

No report.

Webmaster:

No report.

Topics for discussion:

Board members were asked to consider charities to contribute to at the end of the year.

Adjournment:

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:23 pm. The next Board Meeting is scheduled for October 14.

Comments are closed.