November 9th, 2021 Board Minutes

From the Blog

November 9th, 2021 Board Minutes

Porsche Club of America

Golden Gate Region

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

November 9, 2021


President – Ed Hunter

Vice President – Scott Kalkin

Secretary – Howard Yao

Treasurer – Canyon Chan

Membership – Michael Sherman

Social – Kate Efremova

Autocross – Himanshu Patel

Motoring – Gilbert Bouzeid

Track – Jim McClelland

Nugget Editor – Aleksey Kadukin

Webmaster – Chris Hamilton

Call to Order:

The meeting was called to order at 6:21 pm.

Call for agenda changes:

Howard asked to add discussion of the GGR Annual Awards.

Call for calendar changes:
Due to calendar conflicts, this Board Meeting was moved from 11/11 to 11/9.

Call for budget changes:


Past Events:

Directors’ Reports

Ed called Chef Chu’s to book the Volunteer Appreciation Dinner on December 5th at 6:00. Everyone to give Ed their respective volunteers list this week. The charity is to benefit Toys for Tots.

Ed reached out to Canepa’s regarding the possibility of them hosting the Award’s Dinner or being a stop at our future drives.

Scott requested two insurance certificates for upcoming events.

Scott will open a PO Box to be the official mailing address for PCA-GGR.


The 2022 Election ballots were sent to the membership on 11/1 and will close on 11/15. Howard will email the results to the Board and Aleksey will report the election results in the Nugget.

The Meeting Minutes from the 10/14 Board Meeting were unanimously approved.

Club bank balance is healthy. Revenue from the tour, concours, AX, and track events are trickling in. The October financial reports were approved unanimously.

Membership Director:
As of the time of this meeting, PCA GGR has 3,547 members total. There were 51 new members and 107 renewals. A motion to approve all new members was carried unanimously.

The GGR Zone 7 Concours was a successful event with 33 display entries and 23 registered for judging, and 4 walk-ons. Porsche Redwood City even provided an oompah band at the event!

Autocross Director:
Himanshu reached out to Auto Vino about the possibility of hosting events next year at their new San Carlos location.

The November 6th AX event was successful with 70 participants, which included 5 first timers.

The final event of the year will be at the Crow’s Landing venue for November 21st. Event can accommodate 75 participants at $75/person.

2021 Autocross winners have been finalized with a total of 25 class trophies, plus the top ten PAX trophies to be given.

Himanshu is continuing to revise the car classification system by late January of next year.

Himanshu has issued the desired dates for Cow Palace next year, he is awaiting their response.

Track Director:
The tentative 2022 Track DE schedule is:

  1. March Instructor Training at Thunderhill
  2. April Weekend event at Thunderhill
  3. May Weekend event at Buttonwillow
  4. August Weekend event at Sonoma
  5. September Weekend event at Thunderhill

Jim is continuing to try and obtain a 103db date at Laguna Seca.

We will also be purchasing Club Race run groups from NASA in October next year.

Motoring Director:

The Halloween Drive on Oct 30 was a very successful event.

Upcoming events:

  1. Women’s Drive: scheduled for November 13 – Women only!
  2. Santa Drive: Scheduled for December 11th – proceeds will go to a local charity.

Social Director:

Next social event is at The Refuge at Hillsdale Mall on either November 22nd or 23rd. Matrix 4 will be released on December 22nd, planning to do a Matrix-themed Cars and Coffee event around that time.

Kate is finalizing the Friday Night Social at Harry’s Hofbrau schedule for next year.


Chris is looking to bring in a vendor to help with the new website design and the new online AX classification system.

Chris will look into obtaining SSL certification for our website to enhance membership online security.

Nugget Editor:

The October issue was sent out on October 20th. The November issue is scheduled to go out on November 15th. Alesky plans on using the existing Nugget format through December, but will develop a new template for next year. He also plans on asking the membership for feedback on what topics they are interested in reading.

Topics for discussion:

The Board discussed nominees for the 2021 Club Awards.

Jim discussed how the Safety Committee can assess DE and CR driver’s performance to maintain a high level of safety.


There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:37 pm. The next Board Meeting is scheduled for January 13th.

Comments are closed.