February 10th, 2022 Board Minutes
Golden Gate Region
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
10 February 2022
|X||President – Ed Hunter||X||Autocross – Himanshu Patel|
|X||Vice President – Scott Kalkin||X||Motoring – Gilbert Bouzeid|
|X||Secretary – Melinda Lin||X||Track – Howard Yao|
|X||Treasurer – Canyon Chan||X||Nugget Editor – Aleksey Kadukin|
|X||Membership – Michael Sherman||X||Webmaster – Chris Hamilton|
|X||Social – Kate Efremova|
Call to Order:
Meeting was called to order at 6:06pm.
Call for agenda changes:
None at this time.
Call for calendar changes:
None at this time.
Call for budget changes:
None at this time.
The Director’s reports are each of the board members below:
- 2022 Budget reviews
- Advertising discussion/updates
- Awards Dinner/Trophies: Perc Bliss/Don Lang found & will be engraved, Don Matthews still MIA = make a new one. Permanent trophies received – Himanshu has trophies and will have events scheduled in a couple of months.
- Insurance – Crow’s Landing dates are set, try and have insurance under one certificate of coverage vs individual events
January Minutes, APPROVED.
- $25-26K for reg for Drivers Education already received
- Will make financial adjustments throughout the year as needed
- Year-end review budget summary APPROVED, will be shared in the Nugget
- Bank account shall be reconciled monthly and sent out to the Board for review
- APPROVED the revised financial procedure documentation that was shared with Board & will modify as needed
- Treasurer’s 2022 Budget APPROVED
- 47 new members, 99 renewals, 66 dropped, 64 up for renew for next month. Try to show to total club membership number as well.
- New members APPROVED
- Membership 2022 Budget APPROVED
- Sample budget for each event location (Cow Palace, Crow’s Landing, and Autocross school) was APPROVED and the cost for trailer name change
- Trophy/Awards Dinner – Himanshu will start looking at venues, plan for 75+ people, 4-6 weeks out minimum to advertise and plan
- 1st AX March 12 @ Crows Landing, expecting large turn out
- May have an AX in April and will need to begin planning
- March 5-6: Instructor Training / DE 1 – Thunderhill East, event is currently half full with three more weeks left.
- June: May have opportunity buy a Club Race run group at Laguna Seca, will know more next meeting
- Sponsorship – Porsche of Redwood City has signed on to be the GGR Track Series sponsor
- Motoring 2022 Budget APPROVED
2022 Planned Events:
- 8 Fun Drive/Social
- 2-3 Tours
- 1 Charitable and give back to members
- Tiger Drive, sold out in 6 minutes, 5 groups (added one due to demand)
- Valentines Touring Drive 2/12, sold out in 1.5 minutes, 4 groups (added one due to demand)
- Women’s Drive is planned for 3/19
- No Social 2022 Budget to approve as all events are pay as you go. Social event at The Refuge at Hillsdale Shopping Mall Feb 16 or 17 from 6-8pm TBC
- Cars and Coffee Chez Nous Redwood City Feb 27 at 8:30, will be every month at different locations
- Would like to have better advertising of events on all platforms and more lead time of when events will be occurring
- Transitioned to Google Groups
- All Board positions to have emails, in addition to Admin, Nugget, Motoring
- Web redesign will be discussed in upcoming meetings, currently in WordPress, provide proposed budget and phased execution for next meeting
- Click rates are increasing
- More information in regards to articles posted/linked
- All Board Members to submit articles by 2/17, for next Nugget release
Topics for discussion:
Next meeting is scheduled for 3/10, planning to be an in-person meeting with optional videoconference dial-in
Meeting adjourned 8:16pm