June 7, 2020 Board Minutes

From the Blog

June 7, 2020 Board Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes

June 7, 2020

Present: John Celona, Canyon Chan, Serena Cheng, Brian Emmett, Chris Hamilton, Jim McClelland, Himanshu Patel, Michael Sherman, Howard Yao.

Call to Order: 

The meeting was called to order at 3:04 pm. 

Call for agenda changes: 


Call for calendar changes: 


Call for budget changes:


Postmortem of Events


Directors’ Reports


Reviewed and discussed our new COVID-19 safety plan, made sure we are compliant with all Counties where we hold events.  Event chairs to include budget for PPE for event attendees that did not bring their own PPE. Event chairs to bring their revised 2020 budgets to the next board meeting for review and approval. Motion to adopt the safety plan was approved.

Next Board Meeting July 12 at 3:00 PM will be held at Porsche Redwood City and via videoconference.




A motion to approve the Secretary’s report of the previous Board meeting minutes from May 3 was carried without dissent.  


Canyon provided updated P&L report. Due to lack of recent events, there has been minimal transactions. Will continue to try and streamline accounting processes and categories in QuickBooks. Motion to approve Treasurer’s report was approved unanimously.

Membership Director:  

As of the time of this meeting, PCA GGR had 3475 members. Since the previous meeting, the club welcomed 23 new members, and 113 renewals. A motion to approve all new members was carried unanimously.  

Autocross Director:

We have contracts in place at Cow Palace for 6/28, 8/29 and 10/24. Due to the smaller site, the event will be limited to 70 drivers. The August and October dates are Zone 7 events and shared with LPR.

Himanshu is contacting Crow’s Landing to try and get 7/19, 8/2, 9/20, and 11/15 dates.

Exploring sharing Laguna Seca dates with DE events. One group would drive on track while an AX can occur in the paddock.

Himanshu to reach out to PCA National regarding use of electronic waivers.

Motoring Director:

This position is still open, if you are interested in taking on this role, please contact any of the Board members for more information.

Track Director:

The next scheduled track events are:

August 22-23 – Club Race only at Sonoma.

September 12-13 – DE at Laguna, 92db limit. Jim will be requesting a deposit check for Laguna to lock in that event.  June 23 update:  New dates September 5-6, 103 dB.

Social Director:

A joint event with GGR and RRS in San Jose has been postponed to August or September. Serena is planning for more outdoor social events in the Fall.

Nugget Editor:



New website design upcoming, link will be sent out to the Board for testing prior to launch. 

Topics for discussion

No new business.


There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 4:00 pm.

Comments are closed.