In the Zone: August, 2017
In The Zone
By Sandy Provasi, Zone 7 Representative
I just returned from a week at the Porsche Parade in Spokane, Washington. Over 100 cars of the 1000+ came from Zone 7. Congratulation to all the Zone 7 winners in Concours, Rally, Autocross, Art Show, Gimmick Rally, Tech Quiz, Region Newsletter contest, Region Website contest, Zone Website contest, Service awards and 5K run. I will try to get a list up on the website of all the winners as there are many!
Save the date for next years Porsche Parade, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri, July 8-14, 2018. And while you are planning ahead you can think about attending the 2019 Parade in Boca Raton, Florida, July 21-27, 2019.
For those of you whom can’t get enough of touring, please check out the Treffen website at Treffen.pca.org. Spring of 2018 will be to Tamaya, New Mexico and Fall of 2018 will visit Banff, Canada. Spring of 2019 Treffen will head to Bend, Oregon.
Last call to sign up for Werks Reunion, Monterey at motorsportreg.com coming August 18, 2017 to the new location at Corral de Tierra. We can always use more volunteers to direct cars during the day.
If you are attending the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca on Saturday, August 19 or Sunday, August 20, 2017 we can also use help directing cars or helping in the PCA Corral Tent at Turn 5. You must have a race ticket purchased through mazdaraceway.com. For Porsche parking at Turn 5, you need to register at motorportreg.com, Porsche Club of America-Rolex Monterey Car Corral.
Looking Forward (info at the zone website, zone7.pca.org):
- Golden Gate Region Drivers Ed and Club Race, Thunderhill, September 2nd and 3rd
- Loma Prieta Region Zone Autocross #7, Marina Airport, September 16th
- Golden Gate Region Zone Autocross #8, Marina Airport, September 17th
- Redwood Region Zone Concours, Ledson Winery, September 17th
- Porscheplatz, Laguna Seca, IMSA Racing, September 23rd and 24th
- Diablo Region Zone Concours, Porsche of Livermore, October 1st
- Golden Gate Region Zone Autocross #9, Alameda, October 29th
Zone 7 Representative