December 2018 Autocross Report
The 2018 autocross season came to an end on November 17 at Alameda Point. There was some smoke in the air that had drifted down from the Campfire complex fire but an ocean breeze and Alameda’s natural geography (as a peninsula) helped out to make it good day to wrap up the 2018 season.
70 drivers participated and times ranged between 47.436 for TTOD driver Steve L in his 2011 GT3RS to over 80 seconds for a few first runs. It was a long but entertaining and easy to read course. The event ran smoothly and we all able to get 8 runs each, which is great for such a long course.
We tried out a few new technological upgrades for this event. Everyone received a barcode so car numbers didn’t have be entered manually and we had a printer take care of the timing slips. Worked well, so we will keep trying new things and optimizing our processes and equipment.
With the season complete here are the class results for the season:
Abbreviated form (drivers with 5 or more qualifying events):
Congratulations to the top 10 PAX finishers:
FULL PAX Results are posted here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSm_cjKFIZKrhIGcal46Zt9FV55IGsC9UIAtvvdEfnRtxMFIJFDhdk1_qOq8z3vhyB-VkmxRqwa7nei/pubhtml
There will now be a brief intermission while we enjoy the holidays with our friends and families. Dates for the upcoming season have been decided so mark your calendars:
- Autocross #1–March 17 ALAMEDA (Sunday)
- Autocross #2–April 14 (joint weekend with LPR at MARINA) (Sunday)
- Autocross #3–May 18 ALAMEDA (Saturday)
- Autocross School– June 22 ALAMEDA(Saturday)
- Autocross #4–June 23 ALAMEDA(Sunday)
- Autocross #5–July 13 ALAMEDA (Saturday)
- Autocross #6–August 17 ALAMEDA (Saturday)
- Autocross #7– September 29 (joint weekend with LPR at MARINA) (Sunday)
- Autocross #8–October 19 ALAMEDA (Saturday)
- Autocross #9–November 16 ALAMEDA(Saturday)
There is still the GGR Holiday party yet to come on January 12 after the dust settles following the holiday season, where the 2018 Autocross series winners will be awarded their trophies. Stay tuned for details soon. Also if you see an error in the results or standings, please get back to me right away so that the record can be corrected.
Have a safe and happy holiday season, and may your winter projects all be completed successfully!
Autocross Director 2018-2019