Board of Directors May 3, 2020

From the Blog

Board of Directors May 3, 2020

Board Meeting Minutes

May 3, 2020

Present: John Celona, Canyon Chan, Serena Cheng, Brian Emmett, Chris Hamilton, Jim McClelland, Himanshu Patel, Michael Sherman.

Call to Order: 

The meeting was called to order at 3:04 pm. 

Call for agenda changes: 

Request for updated timeline on new website.

Call for calendar changes: 

Proposed video call for next Board meeting on June 7, using Google Meet, will evaluate Zoom for long-term, now that Meet is free.

Call for budget changes:


Postmortem of Events

The GGR 60th Anniversary celebration went well overall, good structure and flow.  Nice photos and stories in advance. Feedback was appreciative of having an event and meeting board members.

Directors’ Reports


Explore a proposal from Racers Group/TRG and potentially run a paid (2 bottle minimum) virtual wine tasting with racers – to be followed up with potential sponsorship.


Inquired as to refund from PCA National for Thunderhill insurance deposit, will follow up with National.


Approved financial reports and discussed rebates from PCA National.


A motion to approve the Secretary’s report of the previous Board meeting minutes from April 5 was carried without dissent.  

Membership Director:  

As of the time of this meeting, PCA GGR had 3500 members, 2350 of which were full members. Since the previous meeting, the club welcomed 17 new members and 75 renewals.

A motion to approve all new members was carried unanimously.  

Autocross Director:

On 4/7 the Alameda City Council denied autocross use at the Alameda NAS.

Ed Hunter has proposed six dates at Cow Palace in SF, starting June 28th, awaiting response from the City.

Motoring Director:

Himanshu proposed Mines/Lick Road as the inaugural motoring event after the Shelter in Place order is lifted.

Track Director:

The next scheduled track events are:

  • August 28-29 – Club Race only at Sonoma.
  • September 12-13 – DE at Laguna, 92db limit.

Social Director:

Next scheduled Social event on June 6, a joint event with GGR and RRS in San Jose. As we get closer to the date, will determine if it happens or if it gets cancelled.

Nugget Editor:

Update provided by the President.


New website design upcoming, link will be sent out to the Board for testing prior to launch. 

Topics for discussion

No new business.


There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 3:50 pm.

Comments are closed.