Board Minutes – August 9, 2014 Meeting
President French called the meeting to order on August 9, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. at his home in San Jose.
The entire Board was present: President Richard French, Vice President Paul Larson, Treasurer Larry Adams, Social Chair Michael Griffin, Autocross Chair Andrew Blyholder, Webmaster Andrew Forrest, Membership Chair Mike Sherman, Nugget Editor John Celona. and Secretary Bill Benz attended personally and Track Chair Tim Smith was present via telephone.
Agenda Changes – None.
Calendar Changes – The ever-active Social Chair announced a Wine Country Tour to be held on October 4, 2014 and a fun run on November 8, 2014 ending with a tour of Canepa Motorsports in Scotts Valley.
Postmortem of Past Events
- June 28-29 2014 autocrosses at Alameda: Big event, 80-90 drivers got more than 7 runs each.
- July 12-13 2014 DE at Thunderhill: similar attendance to prior years. Good event.
- July 19, 2013 autocross at Alameda well attended. Smooth event.
- August 3, 2014 Carlsen tour and concours. Seventy people went on the tour. Carlsen’s was a fabulous host, once again providing a concours space, trophies and lunches for hoards of attendees. Thank you Richard and Charlie.
President – Need a venue for volunteer appreciation event.
Vice President – Insurance certificates are in place for:
- August 16, 2014 -Marina autocross
- September 6-7, 2014 DE (September 5 insurance to be ordered.
- October 18, 2014 Alameda autocross.
- November 15, 2014 Alameda autocross.
Treasurer – The Treasurer’s report was delivered and accepted. We are on budget.
Secretary – Minutes of the June meeting were presented and approved.
Social – Awards Banquet will probably be at Blackhawk. Details are being finalized. As noted above, a Wine Country Tour and a Fun run are being organized.
Membership – An unexpectedly long list of new members was presented and approved. GGR is the fastest growing PCA regions by all metrics.
Topic for Discussion.
Board Meetings: The next Board meetings will be held on September 17 at 6:00 pm and October 22 at 6:00 pm.
Election: Andrew Forrest has agreed to run for Vice President. John Celona has agreed to continue as NUGGET editor if the Bylaws permit. The President and the Secretary will prepare a bylaw amendment to clarify that while GGR’s corporate officers may not serve more than 2 consecutive terms in the same office, this limitation does not apply to the other members of the Board. The expectation is that this amendment will be available to be for a vote of the membership by the November election.