October 2021 Autocross News
Seventy-one drivers participated in our July 10th event. Five runs in the morning and six runs in the afternoon have become a norm these days at Cow Palace. Collective average lap time was 34 seconds was achieved by these drivers (non-penalty laps). Another nice day was in the store for us with temperatures reaching 70 degrees, while sweltering heat clutched much of the bay area.
Seven first time drivers received personalized coaching from our expert instructors. Thanks to Kirt William for undertaking Chief Instructor responsibility for this event.
Lap time consistency is a measure of driver skill. Drivers in the lists below demonstrated superior skills by completing their fastest lap times in the most consistent manner. Our Chief Instructor for the day – Kirt Williams, took the top honor for two lap consistency, while Oliver Weber took the top honor for three lap consistency.
Congratulations to Steve Lau for Top Time of the Day of 29.154 seconds. Steve beat Teddy Framhein for this spot by 0.021 Seconds. Teddy Framhein took another top PAX spot with PAX adjusted time of 28.533 seconds, his fourth of the year.
Our autocross season is in full swing this year with one event every month starting with March 13 event. Seventy participants have taken part in two more autocross events at Cow Palace – on September 11 and October 3. This follows an outing at Sonoma Raceway paddock on August 14.
With season coming to an end on November 6th, it is time to review the current class standings and PAX standings. Table 1 contains list of top ten PAX standings as of October 3. Note the following eligibility requirements:
- Participation in five or more events is required to qualify for year end trophy
- Only top six times are used towards year end points
- Class trophies will be awarded to half the number of eligible parties. A minimum of two trophies will be awarded per class when possible.
Table – TOP TEN PAX STANDINGS
- Next autocross is at the Cow Palace on Saturday November 6 – http://msreg.com/2021ggrax9 and then we’ll be at Crows Landing for the Season closer on November 21. Crows Landing event will not count towards year end trophies. With Covid loosening up, these events are no longer selling out in 2 minutes so join us! We also have instructors available and are holding back 5 spots for 1st timers.
- We are planning to hand out awards at our Holiday Party and the season will return in March of 2022.
GGR Autocross Chair