In The Zone—April 2018 Zone 7 report
By Sandy Provasi, Zone 7 Representative
What is Zone 7? Zone 7 is one of 14 Zones within Porsche Club of America. PCA divided up the country to better communicate between the National board and the regions. The Zone Representative is the go between. As of February 2018 we had 6000 primary members in Zone 7 among the 10 regions. We have an addition 3299 co-members for a total of 9299.
At the end of February, Zone 7 President’s from the 10 regions in the zone met in Livermore. We went over the new Minimum Driving Tour Standards, upcoming events in PCA and shared what is working in the regions so others could get new ideas. Aaron Ambrosino, PCA National Treasurer, joined us and covered how we are insured for all PCA events and volunteers. The President’s also approved changes to the Concours and Autocross Rules for 2018. You can find the new rules at our website, zone7.pca.org. Thank you President’s for spending the day with me.
Spring is coming and it is time to join us on April 15th at the Concours Judging School and Car Care Clinic. Go to motorsportreg.com to register
The 2018 Zone 7 Autocross series begins with a weekend event at Marina on April 21st and 22nd hosted by Loma Prieta Region and Golden Gate Region. Register at motorsportreg.com.
With the start of the season, comes the Zone 7 Autocross School also held at Marina and sponsored by Porsche Monterey. This will be a great weekend on April 28th-29th. The school could sell out soon, so if you are interested, don’t wait. For more info check on zone7.pca.org or motorsportreg.com
Up Coming Events:
- Zone 7 Concours School at Porsche of Livermore April 15th
- Zone 7 Autocross weekend at Marina, LPR/GGR April 21st-22nd
- Zone 7 Autocross School, Marina, April 28th-29th
- Zone 7 Sierra-Desert-Pacific Tour, Postponed
- Treffen Tamaya, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico, April 25th-29th
- CRAB 37-Sacramento Valley Region, May 18th-20th
- Shasta Region Tour- June 8th-11th Sold out)
- Lake of the Ozarks Porsche Parade, Tan-Tar-A Resort, Osage Beach, Mo, July 8th-14th
- Werks Reunion, Corral de Tierra, August 24th
- Rennsport Reunion VI, Laguna Seca, September 27th-30th