A Holiday Tradition Returns!
Volunteer Appreciation Day / Toys for Tots Benefit
co-chaired by John Celona & Bubba Gong
With the help of President Brad Kellett, GGR is bringing back the holiday tradition of a Volunteer Appreciation Day and Toys for Tots Benefit. This celebrates the contributions of the hard-working volunteers who labor to put on GGR events throughout the year, coupled with asking them to bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate to Toys for Tots. What better way to ring in the holiday spirit!
This year’s event will be held Sunday, December 2nd at Chef Chu’s. Volunteers will feast at a 10-course Imperial Banquet featuring:
- Kendall Jackson Cabernet & Chardonnay
- Passed appetizers: Grilled Beef Skewers, Crab Rangoon, Fried Prawns
- Seafood Blossom Soup with Wintermelon Purée
- Classic Peking Duck with Steamed Lotus Buns
- Two Maine Lobsters with Seafood Medley
- Pan Seared Rack of Lamb with Lemongrass
- Braised Triple Mushrooms with Snow Peas
- Miso Glazed Sea Bass with Pickled Vegetables
- Pineapple and Chicken Fried Rice
- Fried Bananas and Mango Sorbet
- Special Jasmine Tea selected by Chef Chu
Thinking of becoming a regular GGR volunteer? Join the fun of putting on great events for the members and you’ll be invited next year!